Know Your Worth, Make Your Way, Find Your Why
Use the Menu in the upper-left hand corner to navigate our site
CAPE is Guilford’s academic and career advising center for all students. You can find us near the Commons Connections desk located on the first floor of Hege Library. We will work with you to:
- Schedule appointments with CAPE staff
Provide general academic and career advising information and resources
Assist with internships, jobs, resumes and more
What We Do
Career, Academic, and Personal Exploration (CAPE) is staffed by CAPE Advisors to help you explore and integrate your academic, career, and co-curricular interests, identify life-goals and plan for post-graduation success. We’ll sit down with you to explore your interests and plan for the future. We’ll assist you in determining where to go and how to get there.
Academic Advising, Support & Guidance
- Advisors help ALL students develop the skills and resources necessary to excel as a Guilford student, including major exploration, academic decision-making and coaching, exploring interests, self-care, and more.
- We assist first and second year students in coursework selection for registration, and will continue to work closely with you and your faculty advisor in your third and fourth year providing continued support through life challenges, exploration and planning.
Career Education, Exploration & Consultation
- As you dive into real-world learning and focus on the issues that are important to you, CAPE Advisors help ALL students make connections between those courses and exciting career possibilities including careers, graduate school, service and more.
- We also provide a variety of career preparation services as you prepare for life beyond Guilford.
CAPE Advisors will be with you as advisors and part of your success team from the time you arrive on campus until you graduate!
While our CAPE Advisors have specific advisees, ALL Advisors are here for YOU, to help you navigate Guilford College and beyond!