Know Your Worth, Make Your Way, Find Your Why
Use the Menu in the upper-left hand corner to navigate our site
The virtual front desk is currently closed for the remainder of the Spring 2021 semester and throughout the summer sessions.
Need immediate assistance? Access our virtual front desk via Zoom by either scheduling a time on Navigate OR going to guilford.zoom.us/my/gdfrontdesk during operating hours where one of our Integrated Advising Mentors (IAMs) are waiting and happy to assist you! On Navigate, when scheduling an appointment select “Guided Discovery (Virtual Front Desk)” to view available times and schedule a time to visit the desk ahead of time. IAMs can help you at our virtual desk in the following ways:
- Answer questions about Guided Discovery or academic and career services, or refer you to a Guide or other campus resource
- Help using Navigate and scheduling an appointment with a Guide
- Help navigating Banner for course search, Degree Evaluation, or other academic services
- Help navigating the Undergraduate Catalog and Degree Maps for course planning and degree information
- Looking over and giving feedback on resumes and/or cover letters
- Using our career services platform, Handshake, and referring you to other career services or a Career Guide
Guided Discovery is Guilford’s academic and career advising center for all students. You can find us near the Commons Connections desk located on the first floor of Hege Library. We will work with you to:
- Schedule appointments with Guided Discovery staff
Provide general academic and career advising information and resources
Assist with internships, jobs, resumes and more
What We Do
Guided Discovery is staffed with both ACADEMIC and CAREER focused Guilford Guides to help you explore and integrate your academic career and co-curricular interests, identify life-goals and plan for post-graduation success. We’ll sit down with you to explore your interests and plan for the future. We’ll assist you in determining where to go and how to get there.
Academic Advising, Support & Guidance
- Academic Guides help ALL students develop the skills and resources necessary to excel as a Guilford student, including major exploration, academic decision-making and coaching, exploring interests, self-care, and more.
- We assist first and second year students in coursework selection for registration, and will continue to work closely with you and your faculty advisor in your third and fourth year providing continued support through life challenges, exploration and planning.
Career Education, Exploration & Consultation
- As you dive into real-world learning and focus on the issues that are important to you, Career Guides help ALL students make connections between those courses and exciting career possibilities including careers, graduate school, service and more.
- We also provide a variety of career preparation services as you prepare for life beyond Guilford.
Guilford Guides will be with you as advisors and part of your success team from the time you arrive on campus until you graduate!
While our Guilford Guides have specific areas of focus, ALL GUIDES are here for YOU, to help you navigate Guilford College and beyond!